Designing your model in 3D becomes the structuring element in your product development.
Creating a 3D model based on a last involves drawing the style lines (Sketch), creating your virtual model (pieces, accessories, ornaments, sole), applying the desired materials and colours and generating
the 3D printing files.
It also involves creating the 2D flattened forms needed for the 2D patterns and grading of your model.
Designing in 3D also means generating all the data to edit the technical files (design, variants, bill of materials (BOM), operating ranges, pre-costing, taxes, eco-design, factory 4.0). 3D models designed using RCS 3D become the main tools of communication between all departments both internally
For manufacturers, the RCS 2020 V12 version gives you access to the factory 4.0 process.
RCS 3D will be the backbone of your product development and will allow you to:
- Shorten the conception/development cycle from several months to only a few weeks.
The accuracy of your 3D designs (on last) will reduce the number of iterations needed to perfect
your prototypes, while improving the quality of the information conveyed to your production centre.
- Increase your productivity, allowing you to be more easily in step with fashion trends and to launch
more models for your new collections.
- Better manage your design and development processes.
- Edit, simulate and manage the data necessary for the different departments of your company and
your production centres, from the 3D Design phase onwards.
Creating virtual shoe collections in 3D has become a high value-added step for brands and footwear manufacturers.
The return on investment is apparent at all levels of a collection’s development.
Reducing time in the development loop exponentially increases creative potential.
RCS SCAN LINE
Being able to make 3D virtual shoes from 2D images is an essential tool for most designers.
Scan Line is a software program created specifically to work alongside RCS 3D Sketch and/or RCS 3D Design. Very easy to use, it allows users to create a new model from 2D photographs. Scan Line can also work with hand-drawn sketches or images created with Photoshop© (or equivalent). An automatic
function will adapt these photos to your digital 3D last. Your 3D creations (style lines) can therefore
e created in seconds.
RCS Scan Line provides you with the tools to help you create, edit, or rapidly improve a digital 3D model from a 2D concept or from an existing physical model, dramatically reducing the development time for
- Create 3D drawings of models in
- Adapt several 2D images to build a
single 3D model
- RCS Scan Line 2020 V12 integrates
a new high-performance mode for
adapting an image to a last
RCS 3D SKETCH
Unleash your creativity!
RCS 3D Sketch employs a very simple user interface based on quick and intuitive movements.
Designers familiar with 2D graphics palettes will quickly feel at home in the RCS 3D Sketch world. Retraining times are therefore significantly reduced.
RCS 3D Sketch is at the forefront of the new generation of user-centred 3D digital design software, harnessing technology to achieve even more realistic designs that are proportional and can be used directly to produce your prototypes. You will have access to a vast range of tools and everything needed
to quickly turn models into reality.
RCS 3D Sketch is compatible with a variety of hardware interfaces to complement the designer’s work: tablet screen (e.g. Wacom Cintiq©), PC, tablet (Microsoft Surface©TM), etc.
- Sketch ‘freehand’ directly on a 3D digital
last. Replaces the shell drawing with all the advantages of a digital tool. The
proportions and measurements of your
final model will be respected
- Copy/paste a 3D sketch from one last
- Create variants, combinations of materials
and colours (Pantone©, RVB, etc.)
- All that is left for your production centres
to do is flatten your 3D designs, create
2D patterns and grade them.
RCS 3D DESIGN
Designed to provide you with an exceptional tool for modelling your 3D virtual models
The details of a shoe model must be modelled with increasing finesse
The use of RCS 3D Design will allow you to:
- Develop your products rapidly and with increasing precision in order to meet the needs of your different
departments: Production, Marketing and Sales
- Use new features available in RCS 3D Design 2020 V12 (sandals, straps, surfaces, etc.)
- Significantly reduce the physical prototyping phase. First use of the production department will be to
provide samples for your shows.
- Optimise your virtual models by creating hyper-realistic visualisations in any material/colour combination.
Use HD AXF Xrite™© texture files and HDR environments.
- Produce a wider range of models for each collection, while considerably reducing the development
and perfecting time for each of them.
- Your 3D models will enable you to get the best out of every department: design development, factories,
marketing and sales. Virtual 3D models enable direct access to the consumer (B to C).
- Rapid assessment of a complete model without the need to manufacture it
- Optimise style and prototype creation through 3D printers
- Better understanding of your designs by subcontractors
- Realistic representations in high definition for your marketing and sales departments.
In Cloud mode, you can access your lasts, your designs and your virtual 3D models from anywhere in the world. You can now create, modify and generate data related to your models (materials, accessories).
Due to the fact that the system works with a variety of hardware interfaces (PC, Mac, tablet, smartphone) designers can continue to work in an environment both familiar and connected. Productivity will soar.
RCS Showcase completes your digital 3D platform with the ability to publish your 3D models
This module has been developed to publish your 3D models to all your internal and external departments. A 100% web-based application, Showcase will give your business access to the models and variants developed by your teams in real time.
Showcase is optimised to retain the accuracy of modelling performed with RCS 3D. The visualisation quality is identical to that of the original 3D CAD model. Showcase presents your collections in 3D according to the industry conventions: collections/brands/types/themes, etc.
Showcase presents each model with all its associated 3D variants (SKU). You can show your variants to their best effect by altering the image environment (floor, background, lighting).
Exploded views of your models are possible.
If you want your sales representatives, stores or anyone else to be able to configure their own variants,
RCS Showcase allows them to select the materials and colours to create their own variant of the models you offer. These new variants will be reintegrated into the general PDM process.
Showcase also offers a “Wall” / display mode, allowing your video teams to project the whole
collection and to have a global view of your collections.
In “Wall” mode, you can select the variants chosen, annotate each of them and write collection reports.
Your production centres will be able to access the 3D models that they are to produce. They will have access to all the data describing the models: name of the piece, material, colour, texture, etc.
RCS Showcase is available in RCS 2020 V12.